Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10 Simple Things!

Today is a great Wednesday, as tomorrow is a public holiday here tomorrow so now work for me! YAY
If only I had friday off as well... oh well I'll take what I can get!

This week I would like to introduce you all to Emily from Free House!


10 Things that make Emily happy!!


There are so many things in life that make me happy but if I had to narrow it down to ten it would look like this...

  1. My Husband - I feel like John has been a part of my life forever. He is my best friend. It is because of his attitude and view on life that I chose to cherish each day. He makes me a better person and more aware of the person I long to become. Plus he's smokin' hot.
  2. My Sisters - I have the most precious little sisters. Erin is 18 and Grace is 11. Laughing until we cry is a specialty of ours.
  3. My Mom and Dad - They are some of my best friends and I love being around them .
  4. Italian Food - I could eat Italian food every day. I'm not sure what it is specifically that makes me so in love. I love a good pasta sauce. Not to mention that I love the culture. Someday I'll take a trip to Italy and I'll eat all day long.
  5. Fall Weather - I live in Indiana. I know that for most people the thought of fall in Indiana doesn't exactly evoke images of great beauty. Obviously you haven't driven down a country road in the fall. The leaves are beautiful colors, the corn fields are turning a golden hue and the sky is so bright and blue you MUST wear sunglasses.
  6. Mint - I love it in tea, water, gum. Mojitos are my favorite drink and if I had a mint plant in my home I would chew on mint leaves all day long.
  7. A Really Good Book - I love authors like Jodi Picoult, Jaquelyn Mitchard, Michelle Richmond, Elizabeth Flock and Alice Seabold. They have an amazing gift for transporting you. I love staying up late at night while John is asleep and crying to a good book, dreaming of the characters who turned into my friends and wishing for a sequel.
  8. Candles - I have about 7 in my tiny apartment living room. And they all smell different. Some of them are floral and some of them smell like spices. And on occasion I will burn them all at once...
  9. Law and Order SVU - This is the only show that I can watch all day long. I will watch re-run after re-run.
  10. Inspirational Quote Books - John and I love to window shop at a store called Z Gallery. They have a great section with coffee table books. Alot of these books have inspirational quotes. I would buy all of them if I could. Instead I just buy one at a time. One of my favorite quotes from my favorite book is the following...
Normal Day, let me be aware of the treasure that you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow."
- Mary Jean Irion
So go enjoy YOUR favorite 10 Things. Go enjoy your normal day and make it the best day yet.
Thanks for letting me share, Jess!


If you would like the chance to be featured in
 10 Simple Things!



Don't Forget:
This week's giveaway!!!
Be A Sponsor for free for the month of November!
3 winner will be chosen!

No comments: