Monday, January 9, 2012

Weekend Adventure...

Another weekend has been and gone
This weekend's main adventure was camping...

Now I have been camping before but not for the past 10 years...
I didn't really know if I would enjoy the experience, 
But I thought that I would at least give it one go.

So here are my thoughts on camping...

PROS:
*Relaxing
*Nature
*Random conversations
*BBQs
*Laughter
*Friends
*Falling asleep to the sounds to the waves
*Camp fires: building a nice big campfire pit
*Friendly fellow campers, especially the ones that offer us some of their freshly caught fish
*Beaches: swimming in the ocean for the first time in about 8 years
*Sleeping in tents: This reminds me of my childhood, and camping in the back yard in tents with my brothers and sisters.

CONS:
*I can't cook potatoes in a fire.
*Bugs and spiders
*Mosquitoes: hate them with a passion!
*Rocks... climbing over rocks bare foot in search for a better beach... just tell Kat NO! 
*Sand... it's great to walk on, but then when your wet it gets everywhere.
*Freezing cold ocean, little bit warmer would have been great.
*Smoke: coming home feeling like camp fire smoke.
*No Showers, oh how I really wish we had a shower.
*Drop Toilets... they stink and when people tell you never to look down... trust them 110%... NEVER LOOK DOWN! Hello nightmares for weeks!

Do Again:
*Take Ipod player
*Go swimming
*Make a big breakfast (Bacon, eggs, mushrooms, hash browns, tomatoes)
*Take Kat's Dad's car again... it has a fridge
*Make the drive fun... beat... 50+ waves, 5 head nods, 1 thumbs up, 1 smile, 1 beer up.
*Take a first aid kit... Kat will need it again.
*Be nice to fellow campers!
*East Coast of Tasmania is the best place to camp.


Things To Remember For Next Time:
*Take more water
*Try not to go in school holidays, there are so many people camping around that time.
*Bring heaps more friends.
*When Kat says the ocean is not that cold... it's cause she can no longer feel her legs due to the freezing water.
*Try not to smoke out the neighbouring campers... take notice of the wind direction before setting up a campfire.
*Hammer... rocks work but not as easy and as well as a hammer
*Firewood... Easier and safer then big branches
*Camping shower... oh how that would have been nice
*Camping mattress... sleeping with a yoga mat and a sleeping bag between you and the ground is not always comfortable.
*Card games & Board games... good way to pass the time.
*Hammock... that would have been so relaxing.
*NEVER LOOK DOWN!!!

Would I go camping again...
YES!

So any advice for me??

No comments: