Sunday, January 29, 2012

Religion & Relationship...

I'm Back!
Sorry about my little disappearance over the last few days.
Life was been a bit messy,
And I need to refocus a little bit,
Sorry that my blog and email has been the thing that has been put on the back burner.

For those of you that my be new to my blog, or that don't know me that well,
You may not know one important part about my life...
I am Mormon.

There is so much that I wish to tell you about how I have come to love this religion,
But that is for another day.

Today I would like to share with you some videos that have been flying around the web lately.
They have all started from one Video...

I find this a very interesting video,
It makes you think about religions in the world today.

I really like the response that a member of my chruch
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (aka Mormons)
This video explains what we stand for...

I love the comment that goes along with this video...
I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or "Mormons". I am also a Christian and agree with about 90% of what my brother Jeff said. He's right on the money about people being hypocrites and being self-righteous. We as human beings are not perfect and pride is indeed a sin. But the great thing about Jesus is that He established His own religion. He set up a church for His believers. And even though Jesus, the church. and its apostles were rejected, the gates of hell did not prevail against it. God restored His church again. And the good news is that the church is a hospital for the broken. We welcome all into our worship services. On the outside of every LDS meetinghouse are the words "Visitors Welcome".

I totally agree with the words in the comment and on the video.

The guy that did the original video to 'why i hate religion, but love christ'
Also did a video about Sex, Marriage & Fairytales.
Now this video I think he has done perfectly.


My favourite quote in this video is...
"Become friends first before becoming lovers,
Have Jesus as your foundation before getting under the covers,
A strong friendship before marriage,
Will make a good marriage after.
Marriage isn't just sex, it's conversation and laughter."

There is more to relationship then sex.
Become friends first before you race into things.
If a guy or girl is willing to put the effort into a strong friendship,
Then don't you think that they will be willing to put even more into a relationship/marriage.
That they are more willing to be there in the morning when you wake up,
Or when things get tough, they are willing to stick it out.

Marriage I think in the world has lost it's importance,
I know for me, that marriage,
The importance of being friends before hand,
To put the effort into my relationships,
That the Lord is going to be the centre of my life and relationship.
And to remember that no one is perfect, we are all human and we all make mistakes.

I am a mormon
And proud of it!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

i love this video, thanks for posting!

Unknown said...

Although I'm not at all religious, I really like the base message of the second video - that marriage needs a foundation of more than just lust. I think that's completely true. When I get married, I want it to be forever, as marriage is supposed to be. I want to WANT to be with the person I marry, and I want to want to work at our relationship in the tough times. Too many marriages these days are based on a passing infatuation, and that's sad.