Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Wish...


I am back from my mini holiday!
Hope you all didn't miss me too much,
And that you enjoyed the range of guest bloggers that were featured over the past week and a bit.

If you haven't noticed already,
The theme on my blog for the past 9 days has been Christmas.

Christmas is my favourite time of year,
I love everything about Christmas!
But most of all, my favourite part of Christmas is family.

Every year I have one with that we can all be together,
That we can spend Christmas under the one roof,
That we could have one more Christmas like we did when we were little...

Bright and early on Christmas morning, 
Before the sun came up,
Little kids would stir,
Excitement would fill each of them,
Knowing that Santa had been,
And goodies awaited them.

Each child would jump out of bed,
Grabbing their pillows,
And dragging their quilts behind them.
Making their way out to the lounge room,
Stopping for a moment by the fire place,
Where they found stocking filled to the brim with surprises.

Moving on to the lounge room,
Each one finding a piece of couch to curl up on,
Those awake first got the best spots,
The rest got the floor,
Or if you were the lucky youngest of 6...Me,
Then you automatic got the floor.

Lounge room slowly turning into a one big bedroom,
As we all got comfortable and settled in front of the Christmas tree,
To the right the tv provides entertain through cartoons and music videos,
While on the right, behind the Christmas tree, 
The sun starts to peek over the hills,
Reminding us of a new day, Christmas day.

While the sun rises,
We enjoy each other company,
Eating goodies from our stockings,
And doing the puzzles from the books included.

7am rolls around,
Time for presents,
But mum and dad are still asleep,
So a lucky person gets to go down stair and wake them up...
Each of them, one by one looks towards the youngest,
And off I go...

Couple of moments later the parents join in the fun,
Presents are opened,
Breakfast is eaten,
Games are played.

This is the christmas I love,
Spending time with my brothers and sister,
Enjoying a simple tradition of old,

My Christmas wish is to have one more Christmas like this,
And to enjoy it with my amazing niece and nephews.
I want my Christmas to be fill with fun and laughter
And to be surrounded by family again,
To each christmas like little kids do.

Why do we have to grow up and lose these traditions?
Cause that is what Christmas is about... Family.
I want them back!
I miss my brothers and sisters.

Pinterest

1 comment:

L!$@ said...

Awww I love this!! I loved Christmas morning with my family too. Christmas is the best time of year!!