Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Guest Post... Featuring Lauren!


I absolutely love this time of year. I mean, who doesn't?? I created a list of ten of my favorite things about Fall and I figured I should do the same for the Christmas season. I may actually have trouble narrowing it down to ten, but I'll do my best!
  1. the music-from the classics ("Chesnuts roasting on an open fire. . .") to the more recent faves ("Last Christmas" by Wham!), Christmas music has always been a favorite of mine. While I do adore Christmas music, I am one of thosepeople that waits until after Thanksgiving to crank it up.
  2. the food-an excuse to pig out almost non-stop for a month? Where do I sign-up?!?
  3. the movies-I can't even list all my favorites, but I'll share a few: Elf, The Santa Clause (all three), Rudolph, etc, etc.
  4. family-this is the only time of the year where we get to see almost all of or spread out family, and for that I am so grateful. I wish we could see them more than we do, but I'll take a visit whenever I can get it!
  5. days off-one of the wonderful perks of being a teacher:-)
  6. Christmas spirit-it is so incredible to see people's hearts pour out love for others. I wish we could see this year around, but this is a good place to start.
  7. celebrations-from Christmas parties to cookie swaps, this seems to be the time of year to get together. I can't wait to fill our calender with get-togethers will all our loved ones.
  8. gift-giving-I love giving gifts and this time of year gives me the perfect excuse to spoil all those that I love!
  9. decorating-this is the one time of year I can go absolutely crazy with colorful, kooky decorations and my beloved can't say anything about it. Gotta love it!
  10. everything peppermint flavored-if there is a flavor that rivals my love of pumpkin, it would have to be peppermint. Peppermint with chocolate to be specific. I'm on the hunt for more recipes, but any are appreciated!
What is your favorite part of the Christmas season??

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Christmas is really a wonderful time of the year Jess. I look forward to decorating our home, listening to Christmas carols, the delicious food including baked ham, plum pudding, being with my family etc. Oh, how I wish my twin sister was still alive. I know she would want me to be happy so I try to make the best of it although it is not easy. I am a new Follower of your Blog from Jamaica.I learnt about your Blog on FTLOB'S 'Comment Love.' Take care and have a wonderful week.
Judy - JUDY H-J'S THOUGHTS

Kaity B. said...

Visiting from FTLOB!

This post is adorable, and I'm so excited to see a fellow pumpkin-lover. If it's pumpkin flavored, you name it, I'll eat it.

The Christmas season is so magical, I can't get enough of it!

Vivian said...

This is a great idea! I also created my Gratitude list for Thanksgiving. I will be working on a Christmas list as well. Great guest! Hi Jess. I found your blog though ftlob. Can't tell you how excited I was to find it. I LOVE all things Australia. And I actually have quite a the closeness to Tasmania. One of my really good friends moved there with her husband (who is native) She is american they have two cute little boys. Don't want to post her name publicly but I can always email it to you. (It's always small world) She lives in Launceston. Following and excited to see what comes next in your little corner of the internet!

Unknown said...

i could NEVER wait until after american thanksgiving to play my christmas music! oh my soul! way too long. thankfully my thanksgiving is early in october and i usually wait until nov.1 to start playing.. usually aha. love this. LOVE christmas. so muchhh!.

happy comment lovin'.
xo

Alyx said...

Hey Jess! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and comment.
And yes. I am SO addicted to Pinterest, too! I think someone should start a support group or something! I would probably join. If I could get off of Pinterest long enough to do so!