Wednesday, July 13, 2011

10 Simple Things!


This week I would like to introduce to you all a good friends of mine, Maz.

Pop over to her photography blog and say hi!


10 Things that make Maz happy!!
  1. Autumn leaves: I've always loved autumn, possibly because that's when my birthday is, but definately because of the leaves! They change to various shades of red, yellow and brown, and then fall to the ground and serve as decoration. Plus they're fun to play with!
  2. Bright colours: Pretty safe to say I'm a very colour-responsive person and feel happier and more cheerful surrounded by bright colours.
  3. Hugs: People who know me well know that I'm a hugger! Timelessly classic way of showing affection to those who are important to me.
  4. Sprinkles (aka 100's & 1000's): Probably relates to the bright colours, but I love sprinkles! Which is why I love fairy bread. If you have not experienced fairy bread you are missing out.
  5. Foreign Languages: I've always been fascinated by different languages, and how someone could be thinking the same thing in entirely different words and sounds in their head. Bilingual people fascinate me. I've studied Japanese since grade 5 and majored in it at uni, though I still dream of being fluent one day. I love learning words and phrases in other languages or even just learning to read it out loud and pronounce it. Probably one reason I loved serving in the Temple Square Mission too.
  6. Purring: I don't know how anyone could resist a purring cat. It's a relaxing sound, and makes it feel like all is right in the world.
  7. Funky Stationary: Places like Smiggle, Typo and Kikki.K that sell funky stationary are some of my favourite places to shop. Something about taking something so ordinary and basic and making it exciting 
  8. Rainbows: I always get excited when I see a really good rainbow. Goes back to that bright colours thing again.
  9. The Milky Way: galaxy that is, the chocolate bars aren't all that exciting. I love star-gazing, and the Milky Way is clearly visible from my beautiful home of Tasmania. I used to stop, look up and just take it in for a few seconds when I got home at night.
  10. Westlife: seriously, something about the collective sound of their voices just makes me feel so good. Would love to hear them live one day. Hayley Westenra is another voice that hits the spot, if I'm feeling rotten I'll put on her music and it always makes things right again. Her voice is just so clear and pleasant.

If you would like the chance to take part in 10 Simple Things!
Click on the button below for more details!

2 comments:

Carrymel said...

bright colors and sprinkles are two things that easily make me smile and I love hearing foreign languages. I wanna learn more!

Maz said...

Woohoo! :D