Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ouch Ouch & OUCH!

Over the last few months I have had a sore back, while I was on my holidays I went and got a massage and had my back cracked back in and was feeling great again....


That was up until the last couple of days I have been in a bit of pain, I thought that I was just sore after Luke's (aka. personal trainer) work outs two day in a row. But then today the back pain got a whole lot WORSE :( , to the point where I just want to cry (it takes a lot for my back to get me to this point)

So after a quick phone call I was able to get a emergency appointment into my physio therapist (THANK GOODNESS!). This was my first time going to a physio. One things that made me pretty happy was that my physio is a really HOT and nice guy.

The session was great he told me that I had about 6 "bulging" disks... what people would normally call "slip disks" but he doesn't like referring to them as that. And to make it was my muscles around my spine and the effected disk are seizing due to the pain making my movement extremely painful.

So while he was working on my muscles to try and relax them before he strapped me, he gave me advise about my other problems- I get bad shin splints and i have bad feet and ankles (I'm a wreak I know). I found it very helpful, and hopefully the tips work.

After he worked on my muscles he strapped me up to give my lower back- where the 6 disks are, some support. Unfortunately me and strapping don't really like each other and it got loose and pretty much came off by 7pm tonight (and now is off cause it was too annoying). So first thing tomorrow morning I'll be on the phone to him to get back in to be re-strapped.

In the mean time nurofen and heat packs are my best friends and will be for a while!

2 comments:

this free bird said...

oh my gosh this is the worst!! i 've not had that many bulging discs, but i have suffered with lower back pain that left me in tears. had to get a herman miller office chair (save my life) and acupuncture and mild stretching offered tremendous relief.

i hope you feel better soon!!

xoxo,
carrie

m. said...

oh, this is terrible!

i hope you feel better soon.
i really do.
xo