Monday, September 17, 2012

Brisbane...


I have now been in Brisbane for 2 weeks.
Let me share you a few of my thoughts...

LOVES:
*Perfect weather we have had so far! Love the clear blue skies and warm days.
*Shopping, so much better shopping to be done!
*7/11... Oh my goodness hello slurpees! But I have been good and only had two.
*Trains, I actually enjoy catching public transport, it's give me time to relax, think, listen to music and read.
*Pool, my sisters house has a pool! This pool with be my heaven in summer!
*Southbank, love the social relaxed feel that it has about it!
*So much to do! You could never get bored in this city
*Lots of bike paths, I am so tempted to buy a cruiser, such cute bikes.

DISLIKES:
*I have a feeling I am going to boil come summer.... oh great, thank goodness for working in air conditioning!
*My parents not living here, I wish they would sell up and move up here!

TO DO LIST:
*Theme parks! Hello fun!
*Road trips! bring on music, long conversations, beautiful views and fun times.
*Max Brenner food, I have tried a American Hot chocolate from Max, but not 100% impressed.
*Drive in movies!
*Go on a picnic
*Ride a jet ski!
*See a AFL or rugby game live for the first time.
*Paint balling
*Ride a tandem bike
*Bike ride the river
*Go to a live comedy show

My to do list will certainly grow fast of things with things I want to do here in Brisbane, there is just so much!

At the end of the month I am moving in with an awesome YSA girl, I have only known her a week and already she has been a amazing influence in my life, I am such a huge believe that the Lord puts people into our life at the right time for the right reasons, and she has already helped me more than she knows, she has helps me make a choice I didn't think I could make for a while to come, but she encouraged and shared her testimony of it.

I can't wait to have my own room again and to unpack fully and to get settled into my new home.
There are fun times to be had, and I look forward to them all!
Bring on some crazy fun times!

3 comments:

L!$@ said...

Sounds like everything is going well :D Exciting news about having your own place. We'll have to chat soon :D

Sandy M. said...

Welcome to Brisbane Jess! :) Have you visited the beaches, north or south, yet? Will you be in the YSA ward?
xo

Maz said...

New adventures! Hooray!