Friday, November 26, 2010

The list!

Have you ever wondered what you achieve in the next three years? Or where you will be?
Do you like making lists and goals for the future?

Then you should try the Day Zero Project!

The Challenge:


Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.



The Criteria:

Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).


Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.

So here is mine:

Start Date: 26th November 2010
Finish Date: 23rd August 2013

Items in normal font are not yet started
Items in Blue italic are in progress
Items in Purple bold are completed

The List:

Service:
1. Babysit for free & send the parents out on a date night.
2. Send a care package or a "just because" package.
3. Leave a inspirational note in a book for someone to find.
4. Complete 10 random acts of kindness. (0/10)
5. Volunteer somewhere.
6. Take part in the 40 hour famine.

Cooking:
7. Cook 20 new dishes. (0/20)
8. Create the 'Rainbow Cake' for my birthday!
9. Make a fancy birthday cake for someone else.
10. Try 10 new foods I have never had before. (0/10)

Church:
11. Go the the temple every year.
12. Do a talk in sacrament meeting.
13. Bare my testimony out loud.
14. Read my scriptures & pray daily.
15. Read D&C from start to finish.

Family:
16. Write a letter to my nana, send it to her along with flowers.
17. Frame a family photo.
18. Take flowers to my grandfathers grave.
19. Write letters to my sisters.
20. Babysit my niece or nephew for the day or overnight.
21. Treat my mum to a pamper treatment.

Home Improvement:
22. Buy myself flowers every week for a month. (3/4)
23. Organise my Itunes and create a play list of 101 of my favourite songs.
24. Grow a vegie or herb garden.
25. Organise my room.

Health & Body:
26. Reach my goal weight of 75kg.
27. No fast food and drink only water for 1 month.
28. Walk the full length of seven mile beach.
29. Exercise 5 days a week for at least half an hour for 1 months.
30. Drink 1-2 litres of water a day for 1 months.

Travel & Outdoor:
31. Go to wine glass bay.
32. Go camping.
33. Build a snowman.
34. Go on a train ride.
35. Go to the theme parks.
36. Go paint balling.
37. Go see a AFL game.
38. Go jet skiing.
39. Go scuba diving.
40. Go white water rafting.
41. Swim with sharks(me in a cage).
42. Go cloud watching.
43. Go star gazing.
44. Watch the sunset & rise in the same day.
45. Climb a tree.
46. Plant a tree.

Projects:
47. Complete the "Urban Alphabet" project.
48. Complete the 365 photo project.
49. Participate in "Gimme Your Stuff".
50. Take part in PostCrossing at least 10 times. (10/10)
51. Complete a DIY project.

Blog:
52. Write a "100 things about me" blog post.
53. Have 5 people guest post on my blog. 10 Simple Things Guest posts!
54. Host 5 give-aways on my blog. (4/5)

Personal Growth:
55. Write a letter to myself at the beginning of this project, seal it and open it on the last day.
56. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy.
57. Learn to couples dance- such as latin, ballroom etc.
58. Make myself a item of clothing or bag.
59. Write in my journal often and fill a journal.
60. Get my drivers license.
61. Read 101 books. (10/101)
62. Learn how to make origami.
63. Record everyday for 1 months the things that I am grateful for.
64. Learn how to change a tire.
65. Buy a 2011 diary and actually use it!
66. Learn to tie a tie.
67. Milk a cow.
68. Learn to juggle.
69. Knit a scarf.
70. Create a "inspiration" board.
71. Find myself a snail mail pen pal.
72. Subscribe to a magazine.
73. Listen to someone else ipod.
74. Fill a book full of quotes.
75. Mail out christmas cards.

Entertainment & Fun:
76. Dance in the rain.
77. Kiss someone in the rain.
78. Tie a note to a helium balloon and let it go.
79. Go on a picnic.
80. Complete a colouring in book.
81. Go to a drive in movie theatre.
82. Write down bad memories on a piece of paper... and burn them.
83. Make a wish at 11:11 on November 11, 2011.
84. Crave my name into a tree.
85. Go to Tasmazia & complete all mazes in one day.
86. Go to a live concert.
87. Attend a play.
88. Write a letter to someone I admire, but have never met.
89. Host a dinner party.
90. Get photos taken in a classic photo booth.
91. Send birthday cards to all my friends.
92. Wish on a shooting star.
93. Listen to christmas carols everyday from 1st Dec till christmas day.
94. What 26 movies that I have never seen, each one starting with a different letter of the alphabet. (10/26)
95. See a live comedy show.
96. Complete a puzzle larger then 1,000 pieces.
97. Go to a museum.
98. Kiss someone at midnight on New Years Eve.
99. Design & have a t-shirt printed.
100. Go go-karting
101. Go for a ride on a ferris wheel or a carousel.

9 comments:

Safe in the Steep Cliffs said...

this is so inspiring. i hope you get to do it then! hey this gonna be kinda like from the movie julie and julia. where julie cooked 500 something recipes in a year. and blogged about it. you should do it too! ^__^ i hope you follow through all of this! lol. im so excited for you!

Kitty said...

Oh what a wonderful list! I recently made a bucket list, but this sounds so much better! Hope you accomplish everything you've set out to do. :)

Yet said...

I must admit, i do love lists!! Only problem for me is that 1001 days is too long!! I'm too impatient for all that. hehehe My life is ever changing...

Yet said...

ps... I visit u from "we love comments"

Casey said...

I love this! :) This is something I might just have to do myself...

Roxy Te said...

Wow this is quite a list! I definitely need one for the extra motivation...my handwritten letter and book for my nana are still sitting on my desk waiting to be mailed!

Jamie said...

I love it! You're awesome!

Melissa said...

I went to Westbury maze last time I was in Tasmania. it's awesome. I got lost because I was too busy chasing a bumble bee around to notice where my sister was.

Laura said...

I love your list! I started mine about a month after you started yours. It's coming along slowly for me. Good luck and have fun!