Monday, August 12, 2013

Bumps In The Road...

The journey to achieve a goal is never easy,
There are road blocks, traffic lights, pot holes, and speed bumps.
Some of these things I see coming, but most of the have a habit of coming out of no where.
They catch me off guard, and sometimes they take the wind right out of me.

For me my biggest trial in my weight loss journey so far hasn't been my injuries, though they are currently coming in second place.
The biggest trial for me has been myself. My own head, my own heart.
Source
In a way I need to learn how to train my brain,
I need to stop the negitive thoughts,
To stop being a "Worst Case Scenario Girl
I need to learn to believe in myself again.
To believe that I am worth becoming my better self.
I need to believe that I am a great future install for me,
That I deserve the very best that life has to offer me,
That I deserve to be happy.

One thing that I have a habit of doing when I don't wish to deal with something I try to put it out of my mind.
Kind of like putting it into a box and bury it in sand, out of sight, out of mind.
Once in a while someone will uncover the box by a little bit.
But very really are they fully uncovered.
Most of the time the box is covered back over with sand, to be dealt with another day.

But there is one friend of mine that has the annoying habit of uncovering the whole box, opening, pulling the contain out and putting it on display, going "ok, now time to deal with it, wether you are ready or not"
He does this with out knowing in a way the effect that he has, but they are things that need to be dealt with so that I am able to grow, to change and become the better person.
And to achieve my goal of weight loss, to become fit and to maintain my achievement once I have reached the goal.

This road is going to be long, there are going to be good days, and there are going to be bad, there will be lots of sweat and tears.
But at the end of the journey, every single step will be worth it.

No comments: