Thursday, May 12, 2011

10 Simple Things!

Hey everyone!
Sorry about the day delay with 10 Simple Things post,
Things have been a little bit busy around here.
I need to organise myself better and not leave it to the last minute!

This week I would like to introduce you all to Penny from Dancing in Bare Feet.
Pop over to her blog and say hi!

10 Things that make Penny happy!!
  1. Lists. Hence why I am here! List's make my brain feel clean and uncluttered. They inspire me to get a move on and achieve all of the things I aspire to.
  2. Guitar solos. Those notes make my blood dance through my veins. I'm a huge music fan from pop to rock and country to metal. Anything that either gets me moving or stops me in my tracks.
  3. Leaving the Hairdresser. I colour my own hair usually because I am cheap (aka saving for a big trip through Europe), but anytime I go to a salon I leave feeling amazing. New colour, new cut, silky, untangled strands of happy.
  4. Pilates. When you mesh well with the perfect instructor, Pilates is the best thing that ever happened to you. I love leaving feeling open and stretched and relaxed and ready to take on the world.
  5. Fresh food. I love markets more than most things in the world, and I love eating straight from a market stall. Fruit, bread, honey, dips, oils, cheeses... heaven.
  6. Strawberries. OK so I already said food, but strawberries are in a league of their own, as is Mexican Food. We'll let strawberries take the limelight on this one because they taste like summer.
  7. Summer. Couldn't have predicted that one, could you? Leaving the office for a walk through the sun at lunch time leaves me feeling refreshed and recharged. Maybe I'm solar powered?
  8. Sing-a-longs. A lot of my friends play guitar and I love sitting outside taking turns strumming and then everyone joining in on a spontaneous sing-a-long. Spontaneity always wins.
  9. My dog and my cat. Little furry faces of love and trust and learning and understanding. There's something so perfect about communicating with an animal, with so few words at your disposal, knowing you just get each other. And then having a cuddle afterwards.
  10. Boys with long hair. Preferably carrying a motorbike helmet and listening to good music. A scenario I fantasized about for many a year, and then I found one.



**If your would like to be a guest blogger as apart of 10 Simple Things**

1 comment:

Kate Weber said...

I'm in love with lists and sing-a-longs too! So fun! Great lists!

Simply Kate