Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Like Mother Like Daughter...

This Saturday me and my mum went to Spotlight, I wanted to make some wheat heat packs.
Well ok so to be honest, the plan really was for me to buy the supplies and to sweet talk mum into sewing them for me as I actually don't know how to sew at all! I have never sewn a thing in my life!

Now about 2 or 3 years ago Mum decided that she was going to buy each of us four girls a sewing machine each, her way of passing down her heritage and teach us her talent and passion of sewing to her daughters.
Well my sisters got theirs at the time that Mum made this decision, but me... well, I've never shown a interest in sewing. Never had the patience for crafty type stuff. So Mum said she would buy me one when I started to show interest.

So while we were in Spotlight, I started to warm up to the idea and we picked up a few different things to start on. While waiting in the check out Mum noticed that there was 20% off sewing machines so she went to have a look.

We walked out of the store with this....

Isn't she a little cutie! (Note: "Sew Fun".... Just a reminder in case i ever forget!)

Two generations!

And guess what... i'm actually really enjoying it! Now just need some more project ideas!

No comments: