Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Fun with the little people...

There are two people (soon to be three) that i love more then anything in this world, every time I see them they bring a smile to my face.

My niece and nephew are awesome! Seeing them grow up over the past 5 and a half years has been amazing and continues to amaze and surprise me all the time (plus makes me feel a tad bit old)

There is one thing that does suck, and that is them living 2 hours away, sure that doesn't sound long but when you have a full time job and no car it makes it harder to see them as often as i would like. So i just have to be patient and when til they come down for a visit and make the most of the time that i have with them.

So about two months ago they came down with their parents (my brother and sister in law). My brother had asked Mum and Dad to baby sit them while they went out to see a concert. Now i have never baby sat my niece and nephew so this was my closest chance so i went out to mum and dad's to visit them and ended up entertaining them and baby sitting them for the evening while mum and dad were doing other things in the house.



So this is what we did....


Camp out in the living room, two single bed mattresses with heaps of pillows, doonas and a teddy each, along with a pop corn cup each.

Putting Dad's awesome tv to good use. Movie of the night- The Polar Express. This was my first time watching this movie and i really liked it!

All up it was an awesome movie night followed by me putting both of them to bed, then headed off home. Loved *half* babysitting the kids, hope i can do it more often in the future, i love it!



Also about a month ago i was in target with Mum and we found these awesome suitcases for kids. Now i have wanted to buy the kids one of these each for YEARS, but could never find the right ones or they just weren't old enough. So when i saw these i couldn't pass them up, plus they were on sale too!!!

They each also got a packet of tissues, tooth brush, tooth paste, and activities book.
So now when they come to visit they can pack their suit case and come to Hobart!

Their excitement when i gave the suitcase to them was priceless, oh how I'm head over heels for these little people!

No comments: