Monday, February 29, 2016

Heart of the Kitchen

Kitchen- Noun
A gathering place for friends and family. 
A place where memories are homemade & seasoned with love.

When Chris and I got married we brought a wedding present to ourselves. We brought a Thermomix!!


Yes they are a expensive kitchen appliance, but it is AMAZING!!! It does so many awesome things, it is extremely well made, and it saves the space in the kitchen, it savings having to buy so many other appliances.

It give me the confidence to make things that in the past I would of never have dreamed of making. The machine is simple and easy to use, there are amazing cookbooks out there by awesome chefs, healthy and creative meals. 

This little machine has also helped get my husband into the kitchen and cooking meals, teaching him how to cook, and giving him confidence that he can also do it too!

I have a huge list of recipes that I want to make, and of course Pinterest is helping with making that list longer.

Here are a few of the things that I have made some far in the past 15 months that I have had the Thermomix...
-Chorizo, mushroom & gorgonzola cheese risotto
-Vegetable stock
-Butter Chicken
-Sausage Rolls
-Cinnamon Rolls
-Lindt Mint Chocolate mousse, topped with Malteser's.
-Almond Milk
-Chicken Tinga (two photos)
-Dip- almond, sundried tomato, olives
(Photos top to bottom, left to right)

They have all been amazing and super delicious! And they taste fresh, that may sound weird, but I they are awesome! 


Having a Thermomix has brought back creativity back into my cooking, it has got me cooking things that I have never had the guts to cook before.

Thanks to the Thermomix I am currently loving avocados, black beans and olives. Delicious.

I even backed bread for the first time!!! I wish that I took more photos of the things that I have made.

My goal this year is to use the Thermomix more often and to try new recipes. I want to cook at least 52 new recipes this year, one each week!

No comments: