Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Cooking Up A Storm...

Tonight I had a very productive evening!
Last night I planned a few meals that I wanted to cook and eat over the next two weeks.
Tonight I was determined to make all the meals up so that I could freeze them.
That way I would just pull them out when I want to eat them
Home cook meals at hand when I want a quick meal.

To start off with I create a list of the meals...


Then the fun began...


The results...
All of the meals except for the meat patties,
I had never made before,
But I am happy to report they all turned out perfect,
So yummy.
My favourites were the Wholemeal muffins with raspberries and dark chocolate.
I used a Donna Hay recipe, 
And just made some alterations to the recipe.
Oh so good, especially when they are fresh!!




Overall a very good cooking evening!

I like doing the big cook ups,
It means that I am organised,
That I am less likely to eat junk food if I know that a meal is already to eat.
I know that it is healthy, and I know what is in it.
Rather than a store brought food or a frozen meal.

I am looking forward to more cook ups in the future,
I look forward to educating myself on difference ways I can alter a recipe to make it healthier.
I look forward to trying new thing in the future,
And becoming more organised.

1 comment:

Joslin said...

That's such a smart idea! I'm not organized enough to pull this off. My mom used to cook once a week when I was little. We had a huge freezer full of dinners. Maybe someday I'll be grown up enough to try it.