Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Connections....

Source

Throughout my life, I have alway thought to myself that if someone didn't reply to my message or phone call that I had done something wrong.
I was alway the person putting 150% in a relationship, whether that being a friendship or a relationship with a sibling.
I always thought that the rest it was not a two-way fair relationship was because I didn't deserve it, that I wasn't good enough.

Over the last few months, years I have slowly learned that I deserve friendships & relationship where putting put in equal effort. I deserve to feel wanted, not to feel like crap and only contacted when someone wants something from me.

It took me way too long to realise that you shouldn't stay friends with people who never ask how you're doing.

I want people in my life that care about me, that care enough to reach out to me when I am struggling. Friends may go weeks or months or years without talking to each other but making the effort to each other when the opportunity come up to see them or to message them or to call that makes a big impact. Rather than silence.

Now I want to surround myself with people that care about me. People that I care about. People that want to know the real me. People that take time for me. 
Surround yourself with people that love you.

1 comment:

Paula said...

Your words "that care enough to reach out to me when I am struggling" resonated with me. I don't reach out because people have consistently let me down and/or I can't handle outside noise when I'm struggling. Either way, it would be nice for people to see me and how I am without me having to ask for help. xo