Monday, July 2, 2012

Month That Was...


Another month has come and gone.
It was a month of highs and lows
I do apologise for not blogging much over the past two weeks.
I promise to make up for it :)
I have lots of things planned for my blog and life for this month.

Highlights from this month:
*Girls night: homemade pizzas including dessert pizzas, and chick flicks
*Avengers for the second time... the men in in that movie...swoon!
*Weekend full of laughter with Imaima.
*I learnt that I have good aim when throwing maltesers in the dark
*Salamanca markets, always good! And discovered some extremely talented musicians
*Baking, lots of baking. Trying new recipes for the first time.
*Achieving 3 years of being smoke free
*Lots of cuddles for Odie, such a cute puppy!
*Busiest time of the year at work is done and over. YAY!
*Flu... evil!
*Eating out at cafes and restaurants, so much good food.
*Playing the piano for the first time. Out of practice but loved it.
*Got given some delicious cookies from Bec & Larissa.
*Movie nights with my awesome cousin
*Making a cute little hot chocolate kit for Zoe and Andy
*Rediscovering my love for Scrabble
*Getting to dress up in hospital apron and gloves to be able to visit my brother who is in hospital.
*Enjoying the nice and warm fireplace
*Long conversations
*Amazing friends
*Pizza and ice cream... best pick me ups
*Getting addicted to Matching (Come play: Aussie_Jess)
*Finding a nice surprise on my bedroom window, thank you to whoever did it :) sorry it took me a couple of days to notice it.
*Gym and PT sessions, love it.
*Learning so much through preparing and teaching my relief society lesson this month.
*Reflecting on life and what I want for my future


This month has been a bit of a roller coaster,
This whole past month has been pretty busy,
But through out all of the highs and lows that have happened this month,
I have learnt so much,
I have been able to take a moment at times through out the busy parts of life,
To take the time to think about what I really want.
To clear my thoughts, to sort through the jumbled mess.

Let me share with you a couple of my thoughts...
*I am grateful for friends that know me so well and care about me so much that they can tell when things are off with me and know when I really need a person to be there with the tub of ice cream on a bad day.
*I am grateful for the trials that I have in my life, I have learnt so much from each and every one that comes along. I may not like them at that point in time, but looking back I see the reasons to why I needed to endure through each one.
*It is not easy to have faith, especially to have faith in the Lord's timing.
*I love long conversations with friends, they help me to see things clearer.
*I am lucky to have the close relationship that I have with my parents.
*I look forward to the plans for my future, it won't be easy to achieve them but they sure will be worth it.

Join me for the ride in July...

No comments: