Monday, March 18, 2013

Do You Really Want To Know?

Link
Words are strong.
Three simple words like...
"Are you okay?"
or 
"How are YOU?"
They hold strong power behind them.

Asked in the right way...
It can pull down walls,
And allow the truth to be told.

So many times people respond to those questions with what they thing people want to hear.

Instead of with the truth.
The honest, heartfelt answers.

When people ask me those questions
The first thing that comes into my mind is...

"Do you really want to know?"
"Do you want the blunt honest real truth?"
"Do you even care?"

Would you really want me to turn around and say...
Life is going ok, 
But at the moment I am struggling,
Things have been hard,
And I have been hanging on by a thread.
I could really do with a hug
Just distract me please.

From now on I am going to be honest.
So if you are a friend or will be a friend of mine in the future...
Please know one thing...
If you do know actually want to know...
Then DO NOT ASK!
Because you will get the honest truth from me.

Some days you will catch me on a good day,
But there are days where you may catch me on a bad day.
Just be prepared before you ask.

Actually care about me.
Cause there are days where I need someone to show me that they care.

I am not perfect, 
I make mistakes,
I struggle to trust,
I find it hard to let people in.
I push people away,
Because that is how I know how to cope with things,
When things get to hard to handle,
When things feel like they are crumbling around me.
People may not understand why I do things,
Heck most of the time even I don't know why,
But friends don't judge,
Friends forgive.

Enough rambling from me.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Maz said...

For a while when things were going bad for me at uni (literally close to failing everything except Japanese lol) I HATED that question! And people asked it all the time. And every time it just reminded me how much everything sucked!

It's so hard though because in our culture it's a common thing to say. Maybe we should try the Japanese conversation starter about the weather instead, eg "It's hot, isn't it?" much more neutral!

Anyway, I do care! LOVE YOU! oxox