Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Friends


Things that I love in friends...
  • No matter how often or little you see them, you always pick up as if you only just saw them.
  • Friends that make you laugh so much you cry.
  • They never judge you.
  • Being about to be blunt and honest with each other and not be offended by it.
  • Supportive.
  • Caring.
  • Knows when to listen and when to talk.
  • They know how to cheer you up.
  • Someone I can trust. That will keep my secrets.
  • Equals, someone that will not talk down to me, or make me feel stupid.
  • Encouraging.
  • Someone that gives me room to change.
  • Inspiring and uplifting
  • Loyalty
  • Someone who is there for me no matter the hour of the day
  • Someone I can be totally silly and goofy around.
  • Someone that keeps in touch with me no matter how busy life can get. No matter if it's a simple text message or a email or good old snail mail.
  • There for a hug when one is needed.
  • Humble
  • Being able to forgive and forget when needed.
  • Someone that has seen every side of me, and is still my friend.
  • Has a positive effect on my life.

There are so many other things that I can reel off about what I look for in friends, and what I like about the friendships that I have with people.
But when it comes down to it, there are three things that I require from a friendship, they are: Honesty, trust and respect.
If I can not trust someone, or if they are not up front with me and honest, they are pretty much deal breakers straight away. 
I am not afraid to end a friendship if it is having a negative effect on my life. I have done it a number of times in my life. I have no room for friends in my life if they put me down or make me feel like I am smaller then them in life.

I can count on one hand the people in my life that are my true and close best friends, they are the people that know pretty much everything about me, they know me so well that they know when to turn around to me and tell me to snap out of it. Those people inspire me, I look up to them, I would trust them with my life, their opinions mean a lot to me.
Those people, I will always keep in my life, and close to me, no matter how great this distance life may put between us, or how long it goes with out seeing them, I will always be there for them no matter what.

Another quote I really like about friends is...
"If someone wants to be a part of your life,
They'll make an effort to be in it."

No comments: