Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Step One, Two, Three...

So at work at the moment we are promoting wellness and healthy living, any one that come in for a quote receives a pedometer. Today me and my work mate thought that we would try them out and see just how many steps we took in a day.

I had never used a pedometer and thought that it would be interesting to see how many I would rack up. So my work mate sets up her pedometer, yep awesome they work she's walking around, numbers going up.

I set mine up just like hers and attack it to my skirt on my hip and off I go about my normal day of work. Come 3pm, i'm pretty interested to see just how many steps I have racked up... I look down and see.... 130 WHAT! stupid thing wasn't working properly, so we swap mine over for one that may work.

After some more walking around the office looking like a dork, we check to see how many steps I've taken..... 12! Yep still not working. So my work colleague attaches it to her skirt right next to her pedometer.... walks around.... and works perfectly fine.

These were some of the reasons my work colleague came up with to why it wouldn't work
Because...
~It doesn't like me
~I walk weird (which i don't! lol)
~I don't have a butt
~I don't have enough wiggle in my hips
~I don't have spring in my step

Wow, I think I'll go for... It just doesn't like me :)
Pity thought I was excited to see just how many steps I do in a day.

No comments: